Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Our Power of Choice

A few days ago I went to New York City for the first time. It was such an amazing city, so much culture, and so many people. I was moved as much as if I had gone to Venice on holiday.

The highlight of the trip was the Statue of Liberty. To think that less than 100 years ago my great grandparents came to the United States in search of a new opportunity to start again. They saw Liberty just as I saw her, for the first time with all the wonderment of a child. All of us searching for a future better than our past.

My family has always pushed on trying to be better than they were. I know I have been blessed with the opportunities that my family has given me and the ones I have made for myself. Recently someone asked how did I do it? How did you get to where you are? How did you know? My answer was the same as it has ever been, I didn't have a choice, I just knew I wanted more and I knew the past would not hold me back so I pushed forward.

I challenge all of you, my readers to push forward regardless of you past. Decide today, this minute what your future will, and make it happen. We are all together on this, do not think of yourself as alone. We all have free will, the opportunity to change our life today, at this very minute, we just have to make a choice and do it.

What is it that you have always wanted to do? What have you always wanted to be when you grew up? And why haven't you done it? What has kept you clinging silently to your hope and dreams all these years? It is now time to take your dreams off the shelf, dust them off and share them with just 1 person who will support you in them. Tell that person that you have always wanted to sing in an opera, be a quarterback, make a child smile, tell your grandma that she means the world to you.

We all have the power to dream, and to achieve those dreams, we just have to decide what our future will be, and step out on that path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home