Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Where are you?

Another day on my journey towards myself. I have lost many things in my life but nothing has been to hard to find as myself. Like your favorite shirt at the bottom of you laundry basket, sometimes you have to go thru alot of dirty laundry to find it.

Today I choose to go thru that dirty laundry because I need my favorite shirt back, the one that matches my eyes and makes you feel like you are invincible like superman. I need to find myself again, he has been on holiday for so long I forgot what he looks like.

Last night I saw him for an hour or so, but then lost him again as bedtime approached.

Have you ever played with silly putty as a child? Remember making an impression of the Sunday comics? Then taking the putty and stretching it out until the face was only somewhat recognizable but then showing it to someone else and asking them who it was, they had no idea? That is what if feels like to loose yourself, like you are all stretched out of shape and your face is unrecognizable.

So each day I spend thinking about who I am (inside) and picturing how it would be if the inside were represented on the outside. Sometimes it takes alot of time to get there, and sometimes you just have to go thru the motions until you find your reflection showing up (your reflection lets you know that you are getting closer to the real you).

Where have you found yourself? Have you ever found yourself somewhere you don't remember going? Send me your comments. Until next time, keep looking for yourself.


real estate real estate real estate real estate real estate real estate real estate real estate

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have spent soo long trying to find myself. How do you know when you do?? Is it a "feeling?", an empowerment? Thanks

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger boycheese said...

Shay, finding yourself means doing an inward journey. Being comfortable with who you are, knowing your strenghts and weakeneses. Finding out who you want to be when you grow up, and standing up for YOUR ideas not the ideas of society, your parents, but who & what works for you.

No one will find you until you find yourself. Once you find yourself, you will be like a bright star in the sky and people will be drawn to your brightness (confidence, knowledge, & strength!). Good luck and keep looking.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger boycheese said...

Anonymous, you will know when you have found yourself when your path becomes focused. Have you ever stared at something and everything (people and sound) fade away? The thing you are staring is the only thing you can see and you are drawn to it?

This is what finding yourself feels like. You have faith and confidence in your abilities and where you are going.

You will never feel 100% sure, but you get a feeling deep down that you have found your "path".

Empowerment or drive or passion, they all come from knowing yourself! Good luck and keep searching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home