Saturday, September 02, 2006

Home

Work is supposed to feel like home. Often at work I feel like an alien watching everyone in slow motion wondering to myself, "what am I doing here?" Most of my day is spent wondering why I got out of bed and off to a place that makes me feel so unconnected to my true self.

Home is a tree lined street, happy dogs walking around, and friendly smiling faces to greet you with a nod and a good morning. Home is not going into a unprofessional hole of an office where people eat out loud, talk about all the girls that they objectified last night, and the smell of urine permeates the air.

2 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you talk about your true self. If this job is not you (besides money) why did you take this job? I have a job that I'm not that crazy about it but within it's framework I have been given the opportunity to be creative in different ways. I find that's what I like is being creative. It doesn't seem to matter how or what I'm doing to be creative, as long as I get to be creative.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger boycheese said...

BJ,

As of Sept 30th, I no longer have this job. As you said, you to "be creative". I do as well. Since this job did not give me the liberty to be creative I am going to try to do my own thing for a few months and see where it leads me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home